Let us consider the main types of polarization filter. Why do we need a "polarizer"? The processing of light in the camera is changed by means of a polarization filter. He improves the frame, removing light "bloopers."
Using a polarizing filter changes the color depth of the images.
1) Shooting water. Using a polarizing filter when taking water, you can correct the glare and color of the water. The water turns out to be very pleasant color, characterized by a rich blue. Without using a filter, the water will not turn out so beautiful.
2) Shooting the sky. Removing the sky with a polarization filter, it is advisable to do this when the sun is at an angle of 90 degrees. In this way, you will achieve the optimum effect. The color depends on the sun, so it is not recommended to shoot when the sky light is placed behind the camera (the result is much worse), and against the sun - the effect from the filter is almost not felt. Polarization filter will help to clean and atmospheric gaps that occur in natural light.
3) Color. The main advantage is that when shooting with a polarization filter there will be no reflections on objects. An example is the improved quality of the leaves in the forest (pictured).
4) Reflections and glare from other surfaces. With the help of a polarizing filter it is possible to perfectly remove through the glass. Without it, this is not an easy task. Also this product will help you to better remove any shiny objects.
5) Protection of the lens. The filter, in fact, is an additional layer that will protect the expensive lens, however, for these purposes it is better to use UV filters that are much less expensive and do not affect the light flux.
How to choose a polarization filter?
For cameras with mirrors withautofocus, a circular polarization filter is needed, with which it will be possible, by rotating the external element of the filter, to change the level of exposure to light on the resulting image.
In the markets you can find different types ofpolarizing filters, both from domestic and foreign manufacturers. All of them are different in price and quality, so much depends on your financial situation and the requirements for the product.
If you decide to purchase a "Polariki" forhigh price, they, naturally, will effectively improve the color of images and eliminate light flaws. Expensive polarization filters are more resistant to scratches and mechanical damage, which justifies their cost.
If the budget is limited, then when you select a filterit is best to focus on the manufacturer, because the quality of the images obtained is more important than design and usability. And for the safety of the filter you can buy a special case and a storage container, which will protect it from unwanted damage.
Thus, the choice of a polarization filter is not an easy task, but it is completely solvable, especially when its application area and the quality requirements of the images are known.</ p>