Correct posture, beautiful, smooth back,elegant and easy gait - is not that what every person dreams about? After all, the twisted spine is not only an aesthetic drawback. In fact, incorrect posture leads to more serious problems, including degenerative changes of the spinal column, pain in the neck and lower back, and at a later age - and osteochondrosis.
Curvature of the spine and its causes
Unfortunately, the correct posture in the modern worldoccurs less and less. Along with this, cases of curvature of the spine, even in childhood, are increasing every year. What are the causes of incorrect posture?
Of course, most often the curvature of the backappears with age. Wrong posture in writing and reading, unregulated physical activity, constantly hunched shoulders - all these factors eventually affect the child's posture.
In some cases, the curvature of the spineis innate. Sometimes uneven back and stoop - the result of childhood diseases, including rickets. Much less often the wrong posture is the result of surgical intervention.
In modern medicine, there are three main types of curvature of the spine:
- kyphosis - this deformation is characterized by increased cervical and lumbar flexure of the spine;
- lordosis - in patients with this diagnosis, there is a bending of the waist and thoracic region, as a result of which the breast is strongly protruded;
- Scoliosis - this is perhaps the most common disorder, which is accompanied by lateral curvature of the spine.
In any case with deformity of the spineit is necessary to fight. Beautiful posture is also the result of constant work on yourself. Of course, the sooner you begin to follow it, the faster and easier you can fix the situation.
Correct posture: how to achieve it?
If you decide to correct your posture and become a proud owner of a flat back, then you should follow some rules:
- First of all, you need to constantly monitor yourself. For example, walking along the street, try to pay attention to the position of your body as often as possible and make efforts to keep your back straight.
- If you regularly have to carry weights, make sure that their weight is evenly distributed on both hands.
- In the event that you have to spend a lot of timetime to spend in a sitting position, make sure your posture is correct. The back of the chair should be comfortable enough. If during work you feel tension in the back, then place a small pillow or a rolled towel under your waist - so you can maintain a natural bending of the spine. The feet should completely touch the floor, so if the chair is too tall, place a bench or special stand under your feet. If you work at a computer, then remember that the monitor should be located at eye level so that you do not constantly lower your head or look up.
- While reading a book or watching TV, sit in the lotus pose. So you willy-nilly have to keep your back straight.
- Correct posture in many ways depends on the position of sleep. Remember that a quality mattress and pillow is not a luxury, but a necessity. During sleep, the back should not tense or curl. If in the morning you feel pain in the neck or lower back, this is already an excuse to worry. In such cases, the optimal solution will be a special orthopedic pillow and a mattress.
- Regularly play sports, paying special attention to exercises for the back.
In some cases, it is advisable to consult an orthopedic doctor who will tell you how to level the posture and prevent the development of osteochondrosis and other problems with the spine.